terça-feira, 27 de novembro de 2007

Thanksgiving in London

London Pictures are posted! Check out the link of the left or click here!

Here is a very abridged recape:
Since Thursday was Thanksgiving, my roomie Jess and I made it into a long weekend by taking off Friday and going to England! (Also was able to renew our visa, so that was good.) So London was amazing- a bit cold, but we got lucky with great clear skies and even some sun! We stayed in a really nice hostel a bit outside of central London in more residential Swiss Cottage, where we slept with 17 other travelers in bunks. We enjoyed our Thanksgiving by going to a pub and hanging out with locals, eating nachos and drinking pints. We saw the palaces, the gardens, the cathedrals and the castles. We took a ride in the London Eye - the ginormous Ferris wheel that gives you breathtaking views of the entire city. We met up with Joana my Portuguese friend who was in England visiting her boyfriend Steve, and strolled around the city, checked out one of the street markets on Portabello Street in Notting Hill, and also walked through famous Harrod's department store in awe.
My favorite part about London was the face-paced, on the go, something always going on feel. Although everything is INCREDIBLY expensive (as in a pint of beer was 6.50 USD and a subway pass was like 10!!) it was well worth it. Really if the exchange weren't so horrible it wouldn't have been so bad. Going really made me realize the laid back pace of Lisbon, especially in comparison. But again, coming back felt like coming home. Have some funny stories about coming home and lokcing ourselves out of the apt that I will update about soon and I will put up some pics on here shortly :)

3 comentários:

Anônimo disse...

I love those black boots - cause you know we both are shoe whores! Also really enjoyed the photos. Thanks for the great post.

xoxo

Unknown disse...

damn exchange rate... I'll have to save double for when I go ;)

Scott disse...

The pound is killing us! I was in London for work last month and saw friends. I had no idead how bad it was 'til I saw my recent Visa bill!

Glad Portugal is fun. Having a good time reading about it.

Am very envious.